Daily Oracle

short Oracle take-away tips that you can put to use in under an hour.

Friday, December 17, 2004

Desktop Search Engines - my favourite

I have long been interested in Desktop Search products.
It's great for finding stuff on my PC without doing the Explorer find which can take a very long time.

These are the Desktop Search products I have tried and my take on them:

1. Copernic Desktop
  My favourite desktop search because it can index any type of text file. I have text files with .java, .sql, .jnl extensions and I can set up Copernic to index these files too
2. msn toolbar suite
  indexes only common files like microsoft excel, word, text files.
3. Google Desktop
  familiar interface but indexes only common files but not pdf
4. blinkx
  not stable, occasionally crashes on windows xp


Links

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home